NSW Bushfire Risk Management Research Hub hosted five webinars in September (2020) on the research projects undertaken to assist with the NSW Bushfire Inquiry. Leading experts presented each topic with Professor Ross Bradstock, Dr Rachel Nolan, Dr Hamish Clarke, Associate Professor Owen Price, Dr Mark Ooi and Professor David Keith amongst the presenters. The projects focused on:
- “Weather, fuel and dryness: how unusual was the 2019-20 fire season?”
- “Fire severity, spread and lessons learned from the 2019-20 fire season”
- “People and Country: Human impacts of bushfire and the benefits of Indigenous cultural burning”
- “Impacts of the 2019/20 fire on vegetation communities and threatened species”
- “Options for bushfire risk mitigation in the future”
Watch the first webinar below, or click here to access all the videos.